Halaman

RINERLIS SITUMORANG

Kamis, 10 November 2011

CONTOH SIMPLE SENTENCE


CONTOH SIMPLE SENTENCE

  1. She doesn't live in a small house
  2. Does she live in a small house ?
  3. He usually wears a black tie
  4. He doesn't wear a black tie
  5. We usually greet the teachers if we meet them
  6. Do we greet the teachers if we meet them ?
  7. Mr. Tatang sometimes teaches English in the afternoon
  8. Does he often come here with her ?
  9. Day of week in the first hour is the English language lesson
  10. I always come to campus on Saturday and Sunday
  11. We are not usually busy on Sunday
  12. Ants build their nests in the ground
  13. Mr. Asep Budiman is friendly
  14. My father is a headmaster at SDN SUKAMAHI 01
  15. I work at the office
  16. I don't work at the office.
  17. I go to the office by motorcycle
  18. She lives in a small house in front of my house
  19. Sala Ahmadi takes the book from Aan Nuryana
  20. I am going to study Japanese next year.
  21. Jenny and Joni went to the shopping mall last night.
  22. Ronny goes to the library and reads everyday.
  23. Jean is in the house
  24. What kind of experiences have you had?
  25. We have to shower so that our bodies clean and fresh



CONTOH KALIMAT COMPOUND SENTENCE
  1. Some of the campers went into the woods to find dry tree branches for cooking, and the others built the tents.
  2. Rini and Rere are chitchatting by the door, John is reading his book, Dodo is flattering Angelina on the class corner, but Didit is sleeping on his desk.
  3. I had nothing to do last night, so I went out to see a movie by myself.
  4. Neither my parents nor I heard of my cousin’s accident.
  5. My parents went to Puncak Bogor, my brother and I went to Danau Toba for ours
6.      My parents went to Puncak for their vacation, but my brother and I went to Bali for ours
7.      my brother and I went to Bali for ours
8.      I love that jersey, but I hate that jacket
  1. Tyrone excels at baseball, and Jillian excels at basketball
10.  This cake tastes great, but the frosting is the best part
11.  The dog barked and it woke the baby.
12.  I opened the door so she could come inside.
13.  The manager is out and his secretary is absent
14.  The computer age has arrived, and it is changing our lives.
15.  That PC is not powerful, but this one is.
16.  That PC is powerful, but this one is not.
17.  That PC is not powerful, and neither is this one
18.  John does not study IT, but I do
19.  John studies IT, but I do not
20.  John does not study IT, and neither do I
21.  John studies IT, and so do I
22.  He is not a stupid person; on the contrary, he is quite intelligent
23.  It is too late to finish the work; in fact, it is time to go home.
24.  The computer age has arrived, and it is changing our lives
25.  Computers have made communicating and doing business faster and more convenient, and they have greatly increased our access to information
CONTOH COMPLEX SENTENCE
  1. Because I didn’t go to school last week, I didn’t know (that) there would be an exam today.
  2. I was studying English when my friend came.
  3. I seldom get good grades although I always study hard.
  4. Besides we have to study grammar, we also must know how to speak fluently.
  5. I have received the letter that you sent me last week.
  6. My dad bought this book, which is a hundred pages long, in Jakarta.
  7. The person whom you met yesterday is my sister.
  8. Because she is a nice person, she has many friends who are willing to help her. My dad bought this book, which is a hundred pages long, when he was in Jakarta.
  9. Even though he is a good looking person, I will never be attracted to him because the girl whom he just dumped is my sister.
  10. Faris still plays football, even though he gets an injury.
  11. even though Arif gets an injury, he still plays football.
  12. Andi gets sick because he plays football in winter.
  13. we play football at the main field which has good of grass.
  14. the child who plays football is my neighbor's son
  15. smith gets an accident at the place where Rianty sheds hundreds of nails.
  16. whether rainy or sunny I will still play football with my friends
  17. Although I love that jersey, I hate that jacket.
  18. When I’m tired, I take a brisk walk to rejuvenate my body and mind.
  19. The people who live across the street run marathons every summer.
  20. Despite Tyrone’s efforts to improve in tennis, he continues to excel at baseball
  21. This cake tastes great while it is fresh
  22.  Because the soup was too cold, I warmed it in the microwave.
  23. Because I didn’t go to school last week, I didn’t know (that) there would be an exam today
  24. I was studying English when my friend came.
  25. I seldom get good grades although I always study hard.
CONTOH KALIMAT COMPOUND COMPLEX SENTENCES
  1. Although I love that jersey, I hate the jacket, but I really dislike the baseball cap.
  2. If you explore caves, take a flashlight, and bring a rope because they’re essential for safety.
  3. We’ll go to the party, but we won’t be able to go to the dance.
  4. Because he practices daily, Tyrone excels at baseball, but his real joy is playing tennis whenever he can
  5. This cake, which my mom made, tastes great because Mom uses my grandmother’s secret recipe, and my grandmother was the greatest baker I ever knew.
  6. The pirate captain lost her treasure map, but she still found the buried treasure.
  7. Though Mitchell prefers watching romantic films, he rented the latest spy thriller, and he enjoyed it very much.
  8.  Laura forgot her friend's birthday, so she sent her a card when she finally remembered.
  9. When we won the state championship, the team captain jumped for joy, and the fans cheered.
  10. The team captain jumped for joy, and the fans cheered because we won the state championship.
  11. The baby woke up when the doorbell rang
  12. I can't help you if you can't tell me what's wrong.
  13. I tried to speak Spanish, and my friend tried to speak English.
  14. Alejandro played football, so Maria went shopping.
  15. The woman who (m) my mom talked to sells cosmetics.
  16. The book that Jonathan read is on the shelf.
  17. The house which Abraham Lincoln was born in is still standing.
  18. The town were I grew up is in the Indonesian
  19. The women who sit in my side is my sister
  20. The man that standing in front of the door is Jimmy.
  21. The dog is barking when the thief broke the window
  22. When the clock show at 10 o’clock I go to the bed
  23. In the holiday I try to go to the zoo, but my sister try to go to swimming pool
  24. Tom’s father is watching, so Tom go study
  25. my father read newspaper, when my mother going to the market





THE CLASIFICATION OF SENTENCE PURPOSE

  1. Declarative Sentences are used to form statements.
    Examples:
    1. Mary is here.
    2.  My name is Mary
    3. Mario plays the piano.
    4. We've forgotten the sugar.
    5. Ottawa is the capital of Canada.

  1. Interrogative Sentences are used to ask questions.
    Examples:
    1. Where is Mary?,
    2. What is your name?
    3. Is this your book?
    4. Did you receive my message?
    5. Have you found a new job yet?

  1. Imperative Sentences are used for commands.
    Examples:
    1. Come here.
    2. Tell me your name.
    3. Leave your coat in the hall
    4. Give me your phone number
    5. Don't shut the door

  1. Exclamative sentences are used to make exclamations:
    1. What a stupid man he is!
    2. How wonderful you look!
    3. How handsome he is!
    4. How deep your feel to me!
    5. What a smart woman she is!

1 komentar: